Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Our First Meeting

It was 3 years ago when I first met George Tran. 

A friend and former colleague introduced me to him. He said he needed some help about work and since I am also available that time, I positively answered. 

On our first meeting, he asked me a little about life and work experiences. We were on Skype call that time and when he heard a background noise about chickens, he was so delighted. As if a child remembering the simple and good old memories he had. And I can still remember how he giggles and reacted, "Oh, you have chickens there?" 

Little did I know that he came from Vietnam. He was only 9 years old when he arrived to Australia. He was boat refugee and only have a clothes on his back and didn't know any word of English.

I am so amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment